[CMake] eclipse nmake include folders

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Wed Jun 18 11:31:40 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Mehdi Rabah wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>>
>> > Von: "Mehdi Rabah"

>> > more

>> > (i.e.
>> > this...

>> > is
>> > installed,
>> > problem...

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > The point is not to setup the compiler, it is to have cmake include path
>> > pointing to standard locations. For example where STL header are
>> > (like/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.3.2/include on
>> > linux), to avoid extra configurations step in the IDE, not for the
>> > compiler.
>> > I talk especially about Eclipse CDT, in which STL automatic completion
>> > work
>> > well under linux, but not under windows.
>>
>> This looks like a Eclipse bug rather than something cmake can do for you.
>> As you already said - they're standard locations for the compiler so why
>> should cmake care in any way?
>
> -> because Eclipse also doesn't care about the compiler, Eclipse only call
> makefiles. Again, this is not a compiler issue, this is a project setting
> issue. And since my project file is _generated by cmake_, I thought this
> feature will be simple to point to there standard locations. (which is done
> within a cmake gcc-mingw eclipse project I believe)
>

>> And as before - I've more than one compiler on my system...
>
> I also have more than one compiler working on my system but I fail to see
> how this is related to this issue.
>
> CMake doesn't care about these standard locations, and Eclipse also do -->
> I'll just add a if(WIN32) followed by an include_directories(), this is not
> a big deal.

Mehdi,

These are two separate issues. The issue that Alex brought up is a
hard thing to do. That is, you are required to have the enviroment set
at cmake time, otherwise the generation will fail.

However, what you are asking is quite feasible and if you provide the
information I requested in my last e-mail I can implement it.

Thanks,
--Miguel