[CMake] eclipse nmake include folders

Mehdi Rabah mehdi.rabah at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 08:10:12 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>
wrote:

> > Von: "Mehdi Rabah"
> > On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Christian Ehrlicher <
> Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>
> > wrote:

> > more

> > (i.e.
> > this...

> > is
> the
> > installed,
> > problem...

> hard
> > > set up the correct environment so that it must be done by cmake.
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > The point is not to setup the compiler, it is to have cmake include path
> > pointing to standard locations. For example where STL header are
> > (like/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.3.2/include on
> > linux), to avoid extra configurations step in the IDE, not for the
> > compiler.
> > I talk especially about Eclipse CDT, in which STL automatic completion
> > work
> > well under linux, but not under windows.
>
> This looks like a Eclipse bug rather than something cmake can do for you.
> As you already said - they're standard locations for the compiler so why
> should cmake care in any way?

-> because Eclipse also doesn't care about the compiler, Eclipse only call
makefiles. Again, this is not a compiler issue, this is a project setting
issue. And since my project file is _generated by cmake_, I thought this
feature will be simple to point to there standard locations. (which is done
within a cmake gcc-mingw eclipse project I believe)

> And as before - I've more than one compiler on my system...

I also have more than one compiler working on my system but I fail to see
how this is related to this issue.

CMake doesn't care about these standard locations, and Eclipse also do -->
I'll just add a if(WIN32) followed by an include_directories(), this is not
a big deal.

--
Mehdi