[CMake] build type problem and library postfix

Ingrid Kemgoum ingrid.kemgoum at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:31:13 EDT 2008

hi,
i have two questions:
i'm building a VS 2005 project with cmake 2.6
*FIRST  *i want to set different flags in debug and release build so i wrote
this

if(MSVC_VERSION)
 #flags dans le cas release
 IF(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MATCHES Release|Win32)
       set_target_properties(helloDemo PROPERTIES
   LINK_FLAGS "/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /MACHINE:X86 /MANIFEST /NOLOGO /DEBUG
/mktyplib203"
   COMPILE_FLAGS "/GF /Od /W3 /Z7 /Od /MTd /NOLOGO"
  )
 Endif(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MATCHES Release|Win32)

 #flags dans le cas debug
 IF(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MATCHES Debug|Win32)
  set_target_properties(helloDemo PROPERTIES
   LINK_FLAGS "/SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /INCREMENTAL:NO /MACHINE:X86 /MANIFEST
/NOLOGO /DEBUG /mktyplib203"
   COMPILE_FLAGS "/GF /Od /W3 /Z7 /Od /MTd"
  )
 ENDIF(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MATCHES Debug|Win32)

endif(MSVC_VERSION)

the difference is the presence of INCREMENTAL:NO in debug. My problem is now
that in VS project i have NO in Realease and Yes in release for INCREMENTAL.
is it normal? is there a problem in my code?

*FINALLY* i want to have a different name format for my shared libraries
names.
originally they are like lib1_so and it will be generated lib_so.dll but i
want it to be lib1d_so in while in debug.
all i've seen are prefix postfix and suffix which do not give the result.

Thanks for help

Ingrid