[CMake] Post-Build Step on Windows

Hari Sundar hsundar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 21:09:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to write a Post-Build step custom rule for Windows. It
basically involves copying the project shared library to a given
location.

When setup using INSTALL this works fine.

INSTALL(FILES config DESTINATION ${INSTALL_DIR}/plugins/${PROJECT_NAME})
INSTALL(TARGETS ${PROJECT_NAME} RUNTIME DESTINATION
${INSTALL_DIR}/plugins/${PROJECT_NAME}/bin_release)

However, I am not able to get this to work as a post-build step.

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(
    TARGET ${PROJECT_NAME}
    POST_BUILD
    COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E copy
${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR}/${CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR}/${PROJECT_NAME}.${CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SUFFIX}
${INSTALL_DIR}/plugins/${PROJECT_NAME}/bin_release
)

Any suggestions ?

thanks,
~Hari