[CMake] Package: dev vs runtime package

Timenkov Yuri ytimenkov at parallels.com
Thu Jun 5 09:54:49 EDT 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008 17:47:27 Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Timenkov Yuri <ytimenkov at parallels.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 05 June 2008 17:36:06 Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >>    Has anyone started working on the development vs runtime package.
> >> For example the runtime package should only install libfoo.so.1.2
> >> while the -dev package would distribute the libfoo.so symlink to
> >> libfoo.so.1.2.
> >>   I know that cpack does not support multiple package right now, but I
> >> would like at least be able to generate the runtime package (discard
> >> the .so symlink from the package).
> >>
> >> Thanks for suggestion,
> > I've filed similar request to tracker (http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=6850)
> > And it was solved in CMake-2.6.
> >

> Very nice !
>
> I simply need to make NAMELINK_ONLY /NAMELINK_SKIP configurable (using
> a cmake var) and using two build tree, generate my two packages.
Nope, making 2 build trees is overkill :)
I suppose You need 2 components instead (I didn't tested this solution, but I suppose it should work):

install(TARGETS mylib DESTINATION lib COMPONENT runtime NAMELINK_SKIP)
install(TARGETS mylib DESTINATION lib COMPONENT devel NAMELINK_ONLY)

But another question is how to use install components :) (But with CPack this should be rather easy).