[CMake] add_custom_command: regenerate all on modifcation?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 2 16:54:04 EDT 2008

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Dave Milter wrote:
>> cmake version 2.4-patch 8
>>
>> and it not regenerates ui_foo.hpp after uncomment foo2.cpp,
>> so it is regression, or previous (good for me behaviour) cause many bugs?
>>
> It is not a bug.  It was a bug fix.  If you changed a custom command in
> 2.4 the rule would not re-run.  Now the custom commands re-run if
> build.make changes.

The dependency on build.make is too aggressive in rebuilding custom
commands.  I've committed changes to CMake HEAD in CVS to make rules
re-run when changed without a dependency on build.make.  Now we use a
persistent "rule hash" file to delete custom command outputs during
build system generation if their build rules have changed.

If you can please try CMake HEAD from CVS to make sure it solves your
problem.  We'll include the fix in a 2.6 patch release.

Thanks,
-Brad