[CMake] add_custom_command: regenerate all on modifcation?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Jun 2 07:30:35 EDT 2008

Dave Milter wrote:
> Recently I try not cvs version with examples that I sent with previous email:
> $ cmake --version
> cmake version 2.4-patch 8
>
> and it not regenerates ui_foo.hpp after uncomment foo2.cpp,
> so it is regression, or previous (good for me behaviour) cause many bugs?

It is not a bug.  It was a bug fix.  If you changed a custom command in
2.4 the rule would not re-run.  Now the custom commands re-run if
build.make changes. Which means it re-runs them when a new file is added
to the sources of a target.   We are going to try to come up with
something better, thanks for the report.

-Bill