[CMake] ctest 'magic string' -> failure

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Aug 13 21:40:40 EDT 2008

I use:

  SET_TESTS_PROPERTIES(${name} PROPERTIES
    FAIL_REGULAR_EXPRESSION "(ERROR|Warning): In"
  )

which will cause the test to fail if the string "ERROR: In" or "Warning: In"
occurs in the test output.

${name} should be the name of the test as passed to ADD_TEST, and the
argument after FAIL_REGULAR_EXPRESSION should be a regex that matches the
text that you want to cause a failure...

HTH,
David