[CMake] ctest 'magic string' -> failure

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 13 21:20:38 EDT 2008

Is there any way to arrange for running ctest to mark a test as failed
if it outputs a particular string? I'm using ctest to write unit tests
for a library that has some debugging facilities where if something goes
wrong, it dumps an error message, but doesn't cause the function to
fail, so I can't detect it in the test program. (And, no, changing the
library is NOT an option.)

Alternatively, there /is/ a hook to make the messages trip an abort()...
is there a way to make 'make test'/'ctest' set an environment variable
for all tests it runs? Or would I be stuck remembering to set it before
calling 'make test'/'ctest'?

--
Matthew
That said, if this is coming out of your posterior then you should