[CMake] Cmake on Leopard wtih Xcode2.5

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 13:12:55 EST 2007

Here is some more information gleaned from the Xcode 2.5 release notes.
   When installed on OS X 10.4 (Tiger), Xcode 2.5 continues to be
installed in /Developer and other places as usual. I am assuming
CMake should continue to run just fine and find the frameworks just
fine also.
    On OS X 10.5 Leopard, the DEFAULT installation location for Xcode
2.5 is /Xcode2.5 and all frameworks, binaries and support files are
located _within_ this Directory. So things like 'make' and autotools
type stuff is located in /Xcode2.5/usr/bin. This would be a good
default for CMake to look for things in. Although the user has the
choice of changing the installation directory.

I am going to ask in the Xcode-users mailing list about some way to
detect _where_ the user has things installed. I also thought there
was a command line tool to switch between Xcode versions but I am not
finding anything about it in the release notes.

--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com