[CMake] install cmake on centos5

Matthew Smith indigojo at blogistan.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 19:15:09 EDT 2007

Jean-Christophe Roux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to install CMake on Centos5. yum install cmake returning nothing,
> I dowloaded Linux i386cmake-2.4.6-Linux-i386.sh
> <http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.4/cmake-2.4.6-Linux-i386.sh>
> This created a folder  cmake-2.4.6-Linux-i386 with a bin, a doc, a man
> and a share folder. No README file with instructions. What should I do?
> I copied bin/cmake to /usr/bin/ but then I am said:
> CMake Error: Could not find CMAKE_ROOT !!!
> CMake has most likely not been installed correctly,
> which I am quite willing to believe is the situation. Where shoud I go
> to find instructions

Before you try installing from source, I'd suggest checking RPM
databases like rpmfind.net and rpm.pbone.net to see if there is a RPM
out there.  There probably is, most likely in an extras repository.  You
may also find that the KDE Redhat project has a binary (kde-redhat.sf.net).

The chances are that the binary download you have installs into /usr,
hence the bin and share folders.  Copy all the folders, as root, to /usr
and then see if it works (i.e. "cp -R * /usr").

Regards,

Matt Smith

--

http://www.blogistan.co.uk/qt/