[CMake] install cmake on centos5

Jean-Christophe Roux jcxxr at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 18:36:17 EDT 2007

Hello,

I need to install CMake on Centos5. yum install cmake returning nothing, I dowloaded Linux i386cmake-2.4.6-Linux-i386.sh
This created a folder  cmake-2.4.6-Linux-i386 with a bin, a doc, a man and a share folder. No README file with instructions. What should I do? I copied bin/cmake to /usr/bin/ but then I am said:
CMake Error: Could not find CMAKE_ROOT !!!
CMake has most likely not been installed correctly,
which I am quite willing to believe is the situation. Where shoud I go to find instructions
Thank you

that gives answers, not web links.