[CMake] Add VisualDSP4 project file generator

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jun 14 10:03:51 EDT 2007

Hi Raphael,

On Thursday 14 June 2007 05:49, Raphael Cotty wrote:
> Hi,
> I started to add a new generator for VisualDSP++ project files.
> VisualDSP++ is a IDE for embedded processors (Blackfin, SHARC and
> TigerSHARC).

Cool :-)
It would be nice if we get this working, but this will be quite some work.

I just had a quick look at your sources, I guess as it is now it is already
usable for you.
For a full cmake generator you also need to support ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND() and
ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(), i.e. running user defined commands when required and
getting the dependencies right.

On the other hand it would be nice to support the AD toolchain natively in
CMake, i.e. that you can select the AD compiler as your compiler and have
CMake generate Makefiles for it.
There shouldn't be too much work required to get this working, but you will
need CMake from cvs HEAD.
I guess you don't have an OS on your targets ?
We will need to create a Generic-<name_of_ad_compiler>.cmake file, which
defines the rules for this compiler.
See http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling , you probably only need
the parts about setting up the toolchain and the toolchain file.

How can these compilers be detected ?
I just had a quick look at the documentation for the cc21k and it seems
__EDG__, __EDG_VERSION__, __ECC__ and __ADSP21000__ would be good candidates.
What about the versions of this compiler for other architectures ?

The command line syntax also seems to be not too different from gcc, so it
should be not too hard.

Bye
Alex