[CMake] creating static library with references to other .lib files

Jesper Eskilson jesper at eskilson.se
Thu Jun 14 02:53:07 EDT 2007

2007/6/14, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com>:

> On 6/13/07, Jesper Eskilson <jesper at eskilson.se> wrote:
> > 2007/6/13, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > But why don't you just ship your users a dynamic lib?  As far as I
> > > know, there are no restrictions on dynamic libs including static libs.
> >
> > That is an alternative, but it requires a non-trivial amount of work,
> > testing, documentation fixes etc., which I'd prefer not to embark on
> > at the moment.
>
> I take it you have no infrastructure for dynamic libs at all in your
> code then?  Because if you did, like all your declspecs and so forth,
> it's pretty easy to add in CMake.

The problem isn't CMake in that case, it's updating all the stuff around it
which assumes that the lib is static: documentation (the lib is part of a
SDK shipped to customers), testing, etc. That's not something I want to do
at this time.

Is it really impossible to pass an option to the linker when creating a
static library?

--
/Jesper