[CMake] Visual Studio GNU make projects

John Donovan john.donovan at embryonicstudios.com
Fri Jun 1 09:35:40 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Kelly" <endgame.dos at gmail.com>
To: <cmake at cmake.org>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: [CMake] Visual Studio GNU make projects

> Hi, I'm also new to CMake, but couldn't you generate 2 out-of-tree build
> systems?

Indeed! How? :s I've tried setting CMAKE_SYSTEM but it doesn't seem to make
any difference. Do I have to create my own or modify a .cmake file? I'm
still trying to get my head around how CMake does its thing. Am I right in
thinking CMake cleverly determines lots of stuff, calls a bunch of relevant
.cmake files _then_ executes my CMakeLists.txt file?

-J