[CMake] Correct way to build for 64 bit?

Stephane Rouleau (Consultant) stephane.rouleau at autodesk.com
Fri Feb 23 16:00:35 EST 2007

[snip]
2. For the windows cl, a try compile is done to figure out which cl you
are using.  For the IDE,
there is a separate generator for the 64 bit tool because you have to
use a different tool.  So,
you either run vcvars64.bat then cmake for nmake, or you pick the 64 bit

IDE build.
[...]

I've just started playing with cmake, downloaded the source to go along
with the documentation, so I may be reading this wrong...

It looks like with the current incarnation you cannot generate a single
.vcproj with two platforms (one for Win32, one for x64), and so we'd
have to run cmake twice and specify different output directories for the
two solution files.  Am I reading this correctly?

Thank you,

Stephane Rouleau