[CMake] change of CMAKE_BINARY_DIR in CMakeLists.txt

Maik Keller atracks at gmx.de
Wed Aug 22 10:57:10 EDT 2007

Hello!

I'd like to create a (build-)directory which name depends on the compiler I am going to use. Let's assume my binary directory and my source directory are the same. For MS Windows Visual Studio I tried to do something like the following:

IF(MSVC)
  FILE(MAKE_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/MSVC)
ENDIF(MSVC)

SET(CMAKE_BINARY_DIR ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/MSVC)
SET(PROJECT_BINARY_DIR ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR})

I expect that the Visual Studio Solution-file will be created in the MSVC-directory but I does not happen. These files are still created in the CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR-directory.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Thanx,
Mick