[CMake] custom cmake files

Marie-Christine Vallet mmvallet at ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 3 14:49:13 EDT 2007

Michael G. Hansen wrote:
> Marie-Christine Vallet wrote:
>> I wanted to check for an non standard existing library (QGLViewer)
>> and found a custom .cmake file  on Internet that will do that for me.
>> The problem is that I am starting cmake, and do not know where to
>> place that custom .cmake file
>> I found the custom .cmake file here:
>> http://www-id.imag.fr/FLOWVR/manual/flowvr-suite-src/flowvr/cmake/FindQGLViewer.cmake
>

> From looking at other projects, I think best practice is to put the
> file into a cmake_local or cmake_admin directory at the top of your
> source tree and then inserting the following code into your top-level
> CMakeLists.txt:
>
> # Additional CMake modules for 3rd party library checks reside here
> SET(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake_admin")
>
> Cheers,
> Mike
thanks,
now I don't have an error for finding the cmake module.

I still have a question, if I want to check if the paths exist, the only
way to call this custom.cmake is to add  MACRO(MACRO_FINDQGLVIEWER) and
ENDMACRO(MACRO_FINDQGLVIEWER) in the script than to call this macro am I
correct ? or is there a simpler way?
Thanks,
Marke