[CMake] custom cmake files

Michael G. Hansen mikeml2 at pfna.de
Fri Aug 3 14:23:11 EDT 2007

Marie-Christine Vallet wrote:
> I wanted to check for an non standard existing library (QGLViewer) and
> found a custom .cmake file  on Internet that will do that for me. The
> problem is that I am starting cmake, and do not know where to place that
> custom .cmake file
> I found the custom .cmake file here:
> http://www-id.imag.fr/FLOWVR/manual/flowvr-suite-src/flowvr/cmake/FindQGLViewer.cmake

 From looking at other projects, I think best practice is to put the
file into a cmake_local or cmake_admin directory at the top of your
source tree and then inserting the following code into your top-level
CMakeLists.txt:

# Additional CMake modules for 3rd party library checks reside here
SET(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake_admin")

Cheers,
Mike

> Could someone help me out on how to use this file, or point out a
> webpage that could help me out, I tried to find the information on the
> cmake web page, but did not find an obvious solution.
> thanks,
> Marie

Michael Hansen - http://www.pfna.de/
Monheim / Germany