[CMake] install() and EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL issue ( reconfirmed in 2.4.7 )

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:13:13 EDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 02 August 2007 10:01, Brandon Van Every wrote:
> >
> > I'm not shocked.  Anecdotally we've seen weird dependency errors for
> > Chicken on Linux, but since I'm not the Linux guy, we were never able
>
> With static or shared libs ?
> With shared libs there really should be no problems, with static libs it is
> much harder to get right.

Indeed it was a static library problem, and we "solved" it by
switching to dynamic linking for the bootstrap, IIRC.  But this was
maybe 2 months ago and is no longer fresh in my mind as to the
details.  We never nailed down a Linux reproducer, as I wasn't doing
Linux at the time.  It was definitely a Linux-specific issue though.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every