[CMake] install() and EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL issue ( reconfirmed in 2.4.7 )

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Aug 2 10:09:51 EDT 2007

On Thursday 02 August 2007 10:01, Brandon Van Every wrote:
> On 8/2/07, Alexandru Ciobanu <aciobanu at matrox.com> wrote:
> > Hi, Brandon!
> >
> > I am on 32bit Linux. I've reproduced this on the
> > following systems (with 2.4.6 and 2.4.7):
> >  - Red Hat Enterprise 5
> >  - SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
> >  - Ubuntu 7.04
> >
> > On these systems cmake generates Makefiles.
>
> I'm not shocked.  Anecdotally we've seen weird dependency errors for

The problem described here has AFAICT nothing to do with library dependency
checking, but with the handling of EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL targets when installing,
i.e. the relink step.

> Chicken on Linux, but since I'm not the Linux guy, we were never able

With static or shared libs ?
With shared libs there really should be no problems, with static libs it is
much harder to get right.

Bye
Alex