[CMake] Multiple generators on the same library

Trevor Kellaway tkellaway at asl-electronics.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 18:37:12 EDT 2007

Filipe,

> You can't use different generators running in-source build.
> The solution is out-of-source builds, one for each generator.
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Out-of-source_build_trees

As a recent newbie I had a really hard time understanding how to do an
out of source build, there were loads of references telling I should be
doing this, but no "how to" anywhere I could easily find. It is one of
those approaches that is blindingly obvious once you've seen it, an
example is worth a 1000 words (to misquote).

I'd suggest that the FAQ includes an example, it would make life much
easier for newbies.

CMake is a great program, once you get to grips with it, more examples
for the documentation would make that much easier.

 - TrevK