[CMake] Passing requirements to users

James Mansion james at wgold.demon.co.uk
Wed May 24 18:04:27 EDT 2006

>I.e. there are modules for each library, and these modules
>(should) define a standard set of variables whioch give you
>the required information.

Thanks - but its not what I wanted to hear. :-(

It does load a lot of identical donkey-work onto every dependent
project.  In my case, also, its not so much modules like this
as libraries built within my own tree - it seems messy to define
the include paths in the root spec file as I do now.  Can't help
feeling that bjam is much better at this.

I'll have to have a look at the guts of Cmake's generators
anyway.  I have in mind that there's no way to set the ANSI
compatibility flags for for-loop scopes, schar_t etc in VS2003
builds and I'd like to do that (the vcproj needs explicit flags,
rather than parsing the -D flags).  Maybe it will be obvious
what to do. ;-)