[CMake] FIND_LIBRARY and OS X Frameworks

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 14:08:26 EST 2006

On 3/31/06, William A. Hoffman <billlist at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> If a path to a framework is found linked to a target, cmake turns
> that into -F and -framework  options.   It is not that complicated,
> if you do a make VERBOSE=1 you should be able to see the link line
> being used.   Can you send me the output of the link for the
> one that works and the one that does not?

Yep, that works just fine.  The makefile does get the correct
framework commands.  But, I've narrowed it down to that
libkdecore links on OS X when using the current FindQt4.cmake
in KDE subversion and when I comment out the OS X section
setting library variables so that it uses the same find_library
commands other platforms use, it fails. :-(  I can send you
my patch for that (or check the kde-buildsystem list, I sent
it there yesterday) but it should be just as easy to reproduce
it yourself.

> I don't think so.  It could be an ordering thing perhaps?

How are libraries ordered with multiple target_link_libraries commands?
I would assume that subsequent invocations of the command adds
libraries to the end of the link line.  Is this correct?

> Not, sure but send me the output, and maybe I can find something.

Output is attached.  The command I used was (note fink was installed in /fink):

( CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/fink/lib CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/fink/include cmake
-DCMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE:BOOL=false
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Users/lovelace/opt/kde4 ../kdelibs &&
VERBOSE=1 make -j2 ) 1>&../make-find-library.out

The output is from an intel mac mini, but I get the same result on a
powerpc mac.
Let me know if you need any more files (cmake cache files, output
logs, error logs,
etc..)

Thanks very much!

Cheers,