[CMake] order of include dirs

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Mar 31 11:32:58 EST 2006

> Von: "Alexander Neundorf" <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>
>
> > Von: Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>

> > Yes, in hindsight it would clearly have been better to make BEFORE
> > the default behavior.  However, messing with include directory
> > ordering now will potentially break many projects.  This is why I'm
> > waiting until include directories are optionally a target-specific
> > property to change things.  With the new interface it can be done
> > "right".  For now we need
> > to keep the old interface working the same way.
> >
> > The one-line macro I previously posted resolves the problem.  Even if

> > users don't use it they will only have a problem if they repeat KDE's

> > header file names.  When they do have a problem it won't take long to

> > find the BEFORE fix.
>
> Ok, last question.
> How about just adding the keyword "AFTER" to the include command, which
> would basically do nothing ?
> Would it be possible to enforce a policy that when checking in to svn,
> if a file named CMakeLists.txt contains a line which contains
> "INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES", that this line also has to contain "AFTER" or
> "BEFORE" ? AFAIK you do something like this in your cvs with tabs.
>
> Otherwise we'll go with the macro (but for this case I wouldn't be
> overly  happy with it, because this is a very basic command and
> requiring a macro for it wouldn't feel good IMO).

How does the new feature CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR work in this regard ?
I think the current dirs should always be the very first to be searched.
Is this the case, can this be done ?

Bye
Alex

P.S. just for the case you are interested, there's a patch against
current cvs attached :-)

--
GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!