[CMake] Extra built type subdir appeded to LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Fri Mar 31 11:08:11 EST 2006

At 10:34 AM 3/31/2006, Richard Maunder wrote:

>Ok - fair enough - thanks. In this case a custom copy rule seems the simpliest solution.
>
>It seems somewhat undesirable that you set an output path and then another (non-configurable) subdir gets appended to it. I would have thought in the cases where LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH or EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH have been set by the user they should be respected and not have the CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR added. Just my opinion and probably too late to change this behaviour though....

If you want to use Visual Studio IDE so that it supports building Debug, Release, etc from the same
project files, then it has to be like this.  Otherwise outputs for debug and release would clobber each other.   We could make an option for the visual studio generator that does not support more than one configuration, and
it could work more like the makefiles and not have config directories.   The same
goes for the Xcode generator.

-Bill