[CMake] another problem with ENV vars and windows paths

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Wed Mar 22 10:15:20 EST 2006

At 08:34 AM 3/22/2006, David Cole wrote:
>Seems like this functionality should (perhaps) be in the STRING command...
>And that the reverse transform should also be available.
>
>Isn't it simply transforming one string into a related form...?
>
>2 cents,
>David

Could be FILE could be STRING, I am guessing if you asked 100 developers it
would be 50/50.  It is converting a PATH, and although at the end of the day
that is a string operation, it is relevant to files and paths only, and not just
any string.

I am not sure why you would use the reverse, or even what it would mean on unix, where
no conversion will actually take place anyway.

-Bill