[CMake] Re: CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Fri Mar 10 10:09:52 EST 2006

At 06:56 AM 3/10/2006, Martin Baumann wrote:
>Hi,
>
>on this machine are different programming environments.
>
>Here are my environment variables that CMake uses:
>
>CC=gcc
>CFLAGS='-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer'
>CXX=g++
>CXXFLAGS='-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer'
>LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib32 -L/usr/machine/lib32 -L/usr/segment/lib32 -Wl,-rpath
>
>is there a list which environment variables are used to set CMake-variables?
>
>>Questions:
>>1. What version of cmake?
>CMake Version 2.2 - patch 3
>
>>2. How was cmake built/installed
>I copied the binaries on the system which I downloaded at the cmake website)
>
>>3. Is either make or gmake in your path?  (which make; which gmake)
>yes, both.
>
>>4. Are g++/gcc in your PATH?
>yes, both
>
>>5. What command line are you using to run CMake?
>bash
>
>>-Bill
I am not sure what is wrong. The way it works is the file
Modules/CMakeUnixFindMake.cmake is read to find the make program.
You could try putting some MESSAGE commands in there to print out things
like $ENV{PATH}.  Basically it just looks for gmake or make in the PATH.
For some reason in the environment you are running it is not finding them.
It is also not finding the c or cxx compiler.    It sounds like there
is a problem in your environment but I am not sure what it is.

-Bill