[CMake] Re: a ./configure shell script stub (Filipe Sousa)

Axel Roebel Axel.Roebel at ircam.fr
Thu Jun 1 11:35:09 EDT 2006

Filipe Sousa filipe at ipb.pt wrote :
>I've been using a configure perl script that call cmake. I have this
>script compiled to configure.exe on windows. But I always use ccmake or
>cmakesetup because there are options that are enabled depending on other
>options and that can't be done in my scripts. I have these scripts for
>those who are used to configure && make && make install.

This seems not correct to me! Given the CMakeLists.txt file

project(test)

IF(ONE)
OPTION(TWO "second level" off)
ENDIF(ONE)

OPTION(ONE "first level" off)

and calling

cmake . -DONE=ON -DTWO=ON

appears to create a perfectly configured project for me. (???)
Moreover, relying on TWO being unset if ONE=OFF is not reliable anyway because
switching ONE and TWO on and then later
switching ONE off again leaves you with
ONE=OFF and TWO=ON.

--