[CMake] DevCpp

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 13:57:58 EDT 2006

Luigi Calori wrote:
> Is DevCpp supported by CMake? in case, are available hints on how to
> setup a proper environment?

DevCpp is simply MinGW.  You use a MinGW or MSYS target generator
according to your preference.  My own MinGW is a DevCpp packaged
installation.  I have it installed as E:\DevCpp.  I installed MSYS
afterwards, and it asked me where my MinGW directory was, and did its
own incantations, and everything works fine.

Now, if DevCpp has its own build system, hooked into the IDE, then no
there is no CMake support for that.  I don't actually use DevCpp as a
development environment, I use XEmacs because I need Scheme support.  To
me, DevCpp is just a package that installs MinGW.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every