[CMake] free VS8 nmake config err

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Thu Jul 27 13:20:47 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to run CMake 2.4.2 from
a command prompt to get an "NMake Makefiles" build config
(current cvs VTK) using the free MS VS8 compiler.  Cmake
keeps coughing up a
CMake error: your RC compiler: "CMAKE_RC_COMPILER_FULPATH-NOTFOUND"
etc. etc.
If I edit my CMakeCache.txt to provide the correct path,
the error re-occurs and the cache entry is overwritten.
Not sure what to try here...?

Dean

P.S.
Also, noticed that if one runs cmake at a command prompt
with no following args to specify build config, cmake crashes:
e.g.,
path_to_cmake/bin/cmake path_to_source -G
which is fine, but I was thinking it would provide some
warning or contextual help and close gracefully.