[CMake] a dependency nag/bug

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue Jul 11 09:05:00 EDT 2006

Hi there

I'm developing and compiling KDE using cmake and I really like it and would
choose it any day over auto*, but I have this small nag.

Say I've changed a headerfile somewhere which in a complete build would cause
lots of files to be recompiled and linked.

That is fine, but now imagine that I'm using that file in some subdir
somewhere. Naturally I'd want to recompile that to test it, but also knowing
that nothing else really breaks due to the headerfile change I'd like to cd
into that subdir and only recompile the local files.

That used to work during the auto* days, but with cmake it begins to recompile
everywhere else too. That means i send a lot of time recompiling stuff i
don't need (until later)

Are there any way to avoid that, because it's really annoying and cuts my
development time by at least half.

Please cc me as I'm not subscribed to the list

ps: Keep up the good work. It's very nice being able to configure the stuff
myself and not having to rely on some auto* expert to do it for me
--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann