[CMake] Recognising Compaq Visual Fortran compiler under Windows

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at wldelft.nl
Fri Aug 11 05:43:00 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I have compiled the latest version of CMake under Windows successfully,
but now I get an error about the Compaq Visual Fortran compiler. The
relevant
part of the build log follows:

-----
Determining if the Fortran compiler works failed with the following output:

Microsoft (R) Development Environment  Version 7.10.3077.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2001. All rights reserved.
------ Build started: Project: cmTryCompileExec, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------

Building Fortran object testFortranCompiler.obj
F90: error: Switch '-o' is ambiguous
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building
Fortran object testFortranCompiler.obj"
-----

(The proper switch is -out:filename, if I remember correctly.)

How can I solve this?

Regards,

Arjen