[CMake] problem for configure ITK using CMake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Apr 26 10:34:54 EDT 2006

Lin, Lan wrote:
>        I have a strange problem for configuring ITK using CMake. This
> has been done successfully before I reinstall the windows system. Today
> I try to do this, but there is a problem. I use CMake 2.2.3-win32, and
> ITK toolkit2.4.0.
>
>        Here is what I do. I put ITK in the src folder, and select src
> folder in GUI of CMake. The binary folder is selected also. Then I
> choose Visual 6 as my compiler. After press configuration button, it
> starts to configure ITK. But the program stops at somewhere that is
> looking for pow. I wait for more than 5 minutes. It seems the CMake is
> not responding. I stop it. When I run CMake again, it stops at another
> place. I do not know what the problem is.

I vaguely recall someone mentioning this before, but I've never been
able to reproduce it.  I think VS6 is getting stuck and CMake blocks
waiting for it.  Next time it happens bring up the task manager and look
for "cmake", "cmakesetup", and "msdev" processes.  Is any of them doing
anything?  Try killing the msdev process and see if CMake continues.
Also look for the files CMakeOutput.log and CMakeError.log somewhere in
your build tree (either at the top or in the CMakeFiles subdirectory).
See if either log mentions something about the test on which it got stuck.

-Brad