[CMake] Why bother with FIND_LIBRARY()

Eric Bolz ebolz at mitre.org
Wed Oct 27 16:57:34 EDT 2004

Yes, FIND_LIBRARY() is useful because it tells me if I have the correct
path to a library. But I have several versions of some libraries on my
system. Am I the only one?  I doubt it.  In any case, I can't use
FIND_LIBRARY to help me get the right version because cmake separates
the path from the library name.
On a related subject, I'd like to know that if I build a project today
that I'll get the same result next year, even if I change my PATH or
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the mean time.  I see no way to enforce this in cmake
because cmake separates the path from the library name.

Eric