[CMake] graphic version for MAC OS X?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Oct 6 17:22:18 EDT 2004

Alexandra Badea wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have tried to update my cmake from version 1.8.3 to 2.0.3 and I have
> the surprise that my graphical interface disappeared. I have now cmake
> and ccmake as UNIX executables but they are not located in the usual
> Applications directory and none of them opens a GUI, but they are
> command line.
> I would greatly appreciate your help in retrieving the GUI I was used
> to. Or there is no graphic version associated with cmake in this release?
>
> What I have done was simply download the OSX(Installer)
> cmake-2.0.3-osx.dmg and double click it.

The wxCMakeSetup GUI was removed because it did not work on Panther and
no one volunteered to maintain it.  The closest thing to a GUI on the
Mac now is the ccmake curses interface.  We have found the ccmake
interface to be faster to use than the GUI in practice anyway because it
provides tab completion for file entries and vi-style searching with "/".

If you have time to contribute in getting the wxWidgets GUI working
again, I can get you started.

-Brad