[Cmake] minGW +Windows XP + buidling vtk

Matt Schmiermund matt at plasticflow.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:28:13 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to build vtk on Windows xp with MinGW.
When I try to do it I get an error message that says

"The C compiler "gcc.exe" is not able to compile a
simple test program.
It fails with the follownig output:
 process_easy: DuplicateHandle(In) failed (e=6)
C:/mingw/bin/make.exe: Interrupt/Exception caught(code
= 0xc0000005, addr = 0x4fe5c7)"

I am selecting build for unix makefiles as there is
nothing that specifically says minGW. I turned on Show
advandced values and changed the gcc.exe for the c
compiler to mingw32-gcc.exe and I get the same
results.

I am using cMake 1.8 patch 3.

If anyone has successfully built vtk with minGW on a
windows system and could point me in the right
directio it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt Schmiermund