[Cmake] VTK + Cmake + borland

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:06:38 -0400

Matt Schmiermund wrote:
> We are trying to use cmake for some vtk stuff done in
> c++. The only compiler on the system is Borland.
>
> I went through alot to even get to this point, but
> when trying to create a Borland Makefile we get this
> error message:
>
> "VTK was built using "msdev", but Testing is using
> "make""
>
> Vtk 4.2
> Cmake 1.8
> Borland 5.5
> Windows XP
>

> Vtk was installed with the included installer. Is this
> our problem? Does it need to be built with Borland for
> this to work correctly?
>
> I'm hoping it is something more easily fixed. But one
> way or the other any help is appreciated.

The pre-compiled VTK binary installer was built with Visual Studio.  C++
programs require that all components are built with the same compiler.
Therefore you cannot use the pre-compiled VTK binaries with the Borland
compiler.  You will have to build VTK from source using the Borland
Makefiles generator option in CMake.

-Brad