[Cmake] What I don't understand about CMake

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap . rr . com
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:14:00 -0500

I think that feature would be very hard to implement.
There are IF statements in cmakelist files, so conversion
would have to convert the entire cmake language into
configure.in and automake files.   Before I did that, I would
try and make a "C" only implementation of cmake, and make
it so you can include the source for cmake in a project.
Of course, if you wanted to implement such a beast and you got
it working...

Although at the end of the day it seems like a lot of work
so that UNIX folks do not have to install a package which is quite
easy to install.

-Bill