[Cmake] Debug and Release project settings for VC++ 6.0

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Mon Mar 31 14:22:38 EST 2003

Hi Sunil,

Depends on what generator you use.

In Makefile based systems, you can do things like:

IF(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE_INIT MATCHES "Debug")
  ADD_LIBRARY(debuglib ${SRCS})
ELSE(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE_INIT MATCHES "Debug")
  ADD_LIBRARY(releaselib ${SRCS})
ENDIF(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE_INIT MATCHES "Debug")

In Visual Studio 6 you cannot do anything.

I think there is a trick for Visual Studio 7.

			Andy