[Cmake] Dependencies when moving libraries

Stefan Schmidt Stefan.Schmidt at sophia.inria.fr
Thu Mar 27 10:19:58 EST 2003

Hi,

Is there a way to tell CMake to "forget" where the libraries used are located,
other than deleting entries from the Cache by hand?

In my case I have libraries that are either compiled as part of the project or
linked externally (pre-built). The INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES and LINK_DIRECTORIES
get always set accordingly, but appearently CMake remembers the location for
Libraries that were once built (with ADD_LIBRARY) in a cache entry like
this...
//Path to a library
EngineLib_CMAKE_PATH:INTERNAL=/0/sschmidt/test2/build6/linux/Code/Common/Lib2
... and incorrectly creates a dependency in my executable's Makefile...
Viewer_DEPEND_LIBS =
/0/sschmidt/test2/build6/linux/Code/Common/Lib2/libEngineLib.a
... which of course has disappeared from the project, but is available in the
LINK_DIRECTORIES.

When I delete the cache entry before re-running CMake, everything compiles
without problems.
Is CMake's behavior correct here and it's me who's wrong, or can I consider
this a bug?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan