[Cmake] Bug reports?

William Gropp gropp at mcs . anl . gov
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 04:15:13 -0500

At 03:03 PM 7/22/2003 -0400, Brad King wrote:
> > 2) The cmake configure accepts standard autoconf command line
> > arguments but then silently ignores them.  For example, I tried
> >
> >      ./configure --prefix=/home/me/mylocal/cmake
> >      make
> >      make install
> >
> > and had cmake install into /usr/local !
>
>This works fine from the cmake-1.6.7.tar.gz tarball available on the web
>page.  What version do you have, and how did you get it?

That's strange.  I have 1.6.7 (I just fetched if from the web site this
week), and it does not propagate the --prefix value.  I re-executed the
configure with a prefix and I used "make -n install" to see what would be
executed, and there was no sign of my specified prefix (I used a strange
value and then grep'ed for it (it does show up in Bootstrap/config.status
in the usual autoconf-generated sed line for @prefix@)).  The generated
Makefile seems to use $DESTDIR to change the installation root, but does
not include the prefix.

Is there someway to confirm that I have 1.6.7?  cmake --version only says
that it is 1.6 .

Bill