[Cmake] Question

George C LaVerde gclst6+ at pitt.edu
Tue Feb 18 10:33:02 EST 2003

Hi,
	I'm having trouble downloading and installing CMake 1.6.4.  I'm
taking a class in ITK.  So, I had Visual Studio 6.0 installed and working,
my old version of CMake installed and working, and had successfully
downloaded and built ITK using my old version of CMake (I think 1.4.7).  I
was able to write programs, and build them, creating working executable
files for the 1st three assignments.  Well, our 4th assignment was to
download and build FLTK and VTK (but we were told we needed the newest
version of CMake in order to build VTK).  So, I completely deleted my old
(working CMake), and downloaded the CMSetup164.exe from www.cmake.org, and
it installed successfully (at least so it said).
	When I double-click on Cmake, the CMake interface comes up, and
it says "CMake 1.6-patch 4" at the top.  I have correctly selected
"Visual Studio 6" for the "Build For" selection.
	I choose the "source" and "build" directories of files that
already had been built and executed successfully with my old version of
CMake.
	The 4 Cache Values it lists are:

CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY		1.6
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH
ITK_BINARY_PATH				E:/Insight/InsightBin "correct"
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH

Now, here's the problem.  When I hit "Configure" the computer chugs and at
the bottom of the window it says  "Check for working C compiler: cl" for
a while and then finally came up with an "error" window
with a huge list of errors starting with:

"The C compiler "cl" is not able to compile a simple tests program.
It fails with the following output:
------------------Configuration: cmTryComplieExec - Win32 Debug-------
Building Custom Rule E:\Insight\HelloWorld\CMakeTmp\CmakeLists.txt
--Check for working c compiler: d:/Program
Files/MicrosoftVisualStudio/VC98/BIN/cl.exe

--Check for working c compiler: d:/Program
Files/MicrosoftVisualStudio/VC98/BIN/cl.exe--broken"

It repeats that over and aver again.

Does anyone know what's wrong?  My Visual Studio 6.0 is in:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio

I'm wondering if the problem is that it thinks it is in D:/....?
Thanks for any help,

George LaVerde