[Cmake] question about cmake 1.6.3

Haiwen Shi shihw77 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 10:50:34 EST 2003

Hi, All

I am a used a cmake user. I can run cmake 1.4.7 in my computer no problem. However, when I updated it to version 1.6.3 and tried to run it, I got the error message in the following:

CMake Error: Error executing make program "C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~8/COMMON/MSDEV98/BIN/MSDEV.EXE" specified by CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM cache entry. The command string used was "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~8\COMMON\MSDEV98\BIN\MSDEV.EXE CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE.dsw /MAKE "cmTryCompileExec - Debug""

Does anyone tell me what this means? I need cmake 1.6.3 to build vtk in my computer. BTW, my computer is MS windows me OS.

I will appreciate any suggestion.

Haiwen Shi