[Cmake] Cannot compile CVS distribution today 12th of February

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Feb 12 14:09:15 EST 2003

> Well, the thing is now it compiles if I use cmake-1.6.3 instead of the
> cvs obtained cmake binary... So sorry for the burden. Sincerely, my cvs
> version was not so old (two weeks max), therefore I was sincere when I
> did not understand why it would not compile.

We don't support backward compatability for changes made in CVS since the
last release.  In other words, any feature that has not been in a release
may be changed.  Your two-week old version happened to have the first
implementation of a new feature that was buggy and has since been fixed.

The latest release of CMake will always build the latest CVS version, but
one day's CVS version may not build the next day's CVS version.  This is
simply because new features are not implemented exactly right the first
try.

-Brad