[Cmake] CMake and wxWindows

Marco Petrone m.petrone at cineca.it
Fri Mar 22 07:24:43 EST 2002

Dear CMake developers, for our project I'm trying to use CMake (1.2) for
building an application making use of various libraries, among which the
wxWindows library, and I'm trying to make this software running either
on Unix and Windows. Up to now I was able to make CMake create good
projects for compiling a very simple wxWindows application
(minimal.cpp), but now I'm founding some problems:

1. Under WIN32, wxWindows applications need a default resource file to
be included (${WXWIN_PATH}/include/wx/msw/wx.rc), which adds a number of
icons located in the same directory to the resources. I noticed that
CMake accepts resource files, but I can't find in the manual how to add
a directory to the Resource path. Without doing this the compiler
complains it cannot find the icons, since within the wx.rc they are
specified with path relative to ${WXWIN_PATH}/include. How can I add the
"/i" option for the rc.exe?

2. By default the Visual Studio project file created by CMake has the
pre compiled header option disabled, and this make the compilation
horribly slow. How can I turn it on?

3. Under Linux (RedHat 7.2) the FindGTK.cmake module cannot found the
paths for includes, since they are located in /usr/include/gtk-1.2/g?k ,
and while the "glibconfig.h" file needed by wxgtk include files is
located in /usr/lib/glib/include (if I'm not wrong), so I had to add
specific rules in make UseWX.cmake file.

Last questions: is there a more updated documentation than the PDF
manual, like something generated automatically by doxygen?

Thanks a lot for any help,

Marco