[Cmake] target directory?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Jun 14 07:43:28 EDT 2002

If you set LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH and/or EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH it will change where all the libraries go for your project.

Here is what happens in VTK:

SET (LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH ${VTK_BINARY_DIR}/bin/ CACHE PATH "Single output directory for building all libraries.")
SET (EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${VTK_BINARY_DIR}/bin/ CACHE PATH "Single output directory for building all executables.")

For unix, you can also use the install targets, or you can use a CUSTOM_COMMAND to copy the library after it is built.

-Bill