[Cmake] Problem with VTK_MAKE_INSTANTIATOR() or SET() under cygwin

Jarek Sacha galicjan at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 12:24:45 EDT 2002

--- Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> VTK now requires a newer version of cmake.  You should be using
> 1.4 patch 3.

Bill:

There reported errors were with 2002/8/2 CVS version and with with one
labeled "LatestRelease" (as of 2002/8/2, is that 1.4 patch 3?). I tested
this on two different systems. The same problem is with todays release.
The problem is only with VTK. Running ccmake for CMake and Insight works
fine. There is a chance (am not trying to start a blame game here:) that
the problem may be related to recent update of cygwin, since I did not
have this problem before and both systems run recent update of cygwin.

BTW 1: CMake fails the "complex" test.

BTW 2: Today I noticed an error while installing cmake on cygwin:
Installing FindWish.cmake
Installing FindX11.cmake
Installing LinkQT.cmake
/cygdrive/d/src/CMake-build-gcc/Templates: building install
Installing ...
Installing CXXCMakeSystemConfig.cmake.in.in
 ERROR!!! Unable to find: CXXCMakeSystemConfig.cmake.in.in
Installing CCMakeSystemConfig.cmake.in.in
 ERROR!!! Unable to find: CCMakeSystemConfig.cmake.in.in
Installing cconfigure
Installing cxxconfigure
Installing install-sh
/cygdrive/d/src/CMake-build-gcc/Utilities: building install
/cygdrive/d/src/CMake-build-gcc/Utilities/Doxygen: building install
Installing ...
Installing ...
Installing ...

Hope this helps,