[Cmake] Unix installation

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Jul 18 14:59:25 EDT 2001

../CMake/configure
vi CMakeCache.txt
gmake
gmake install

To install cmake, it must be built twice, the first time by configure, the
next time by cmake.   Perhaps the configure script should be renamed to
bootstrap_configure.

Because once you have a cmake, all you need to do is this:

cmake ../CMake
gmake
gmake install

So, configure is only needed if you don't have cmake already installed.
If configure is used, cmake must be built twice, as there are some options
that configure does not figure out.

-Bill