[CMake-Promote] OpenSceneGraph

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 23:32:10 EST 2005

On 12/20/05, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

> I guess we do need to promote cmake:
>

> > The sum total of my feelings on this is expressed in Robert's
> > statement:
> >
> > > Whats cmake?
> >
> > -don
>

> http://openscenegraph.net/pipermail/osg-users/2003-November/036636.html

This is a difficult problem.  It's where the pedal really hits the metal.
I'm a 3D guy; I could step in and cross swords with OpenSceneGraph.  But
that could cost a lot of time, especially if the build is not so easy to
bring up on Windows in the 1st place.  Everyone's time is at a premium:
ours, theirs.  I wish I had a cost effective way to convince *other people*
to take the development risks on this sort of thing.  :-)

I will get on their mailing list and see if I can inspire confidence.  I
can't really afford to conjure build files for them if it's going to be a
slog, but who knows, maybe their builds aren't so bad.  Need to find out how
severe their Windows problems are.

Cheers,
Brandon